Website Pearl and Pine Retirement Community
Under the supervision of the Director of Care (or designated RPN), and in accordance with Company policies, procedures and legislated standards, duties include but are not limited to completing all aspects of resident care as outlined in the Care plan and/or as assigned; transporting residents to and from their suites, recreational activities, nursing office and dining room as required; assisting with daily activities of living.
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with team, residents and families as well as external community resources.
- Demonstrate sound organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Graduate of a recognized (accredited) P.S.W. certificate program.
- Experienced in retirement living, geriatric, rehabilitation or long term care.
- Solid English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
- Use both hands and feet on a regular basis to perform physical assisting duties.
- Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised for periods of time.
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hrs. per day.
- Climb stairs, operate elevators, lift luggage and move small equipment and furniture.
Please note this is an overnight position.
The successful candidate must have a current police check with vulnerable sector screen and an up-to-date TB test.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability is available, upon request, for the interview process, and for other candidate selection methods.