Website Pearl and Pine Retirement Residence
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager the incumbent will perform general routine maintenance for the community and surrounding grounds as well as minor repairs to equipment. Duties include but are not limited to painting; cleaning of swimming pool and surrounding area floors; garbage removal and moving of furniture; scrubbing, stripping, waxing of floors and cleaning carpets.
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with team members, suppliers, residents and families.
- Adhere to legislated and Company standards, policies, procedures and practices.
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of routine, basic maintenance capabilities.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some education in one or more trades is preferred.
- Good command of the English language, oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledgeable of the Health and Safety regulations, fire procedures and building codes.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Work with sharp tools, and in potentially congested work locations.
- Walking, stretching and standing on a variety of surfaces for at least 5 hours per day.
- Lift alone, up to 50 pounds.
- Pushing, pulling wheeled equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Bending, stooping on a regular basis.
- Climbing ladders and stairs and able to work in confined spaces.
- Moving and re-arranging furniture as needed within safety standards and limits.
You must be available to work days and weekends.
The successful candidate must have a current police check with vulnerable sector screen and an up-to-date TB test.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability is available, upon request, for the interview process, and for other candidate selection methods.