Website Pearl and Pine Retirement
Pearl and Pine Retirement in the heart of Burlington is actively seeking an enthusiastic and professional full-time Line Cook to join our team. The Line Cook will be responsible for preparing food to the Chef’s exact specifications and to set up stations for menu. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our Customer Service guarantee offered at Signature Retirement properties.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the kitchen team
- Follow executive and sous chef’s instructions
- Attention to detail – maintaining a clean and safe environment
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Continuously follow the principles of good customer service and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices
- Adhere to legislated and Company standards, policies, procedures, and practices
- Completion of a two year community college culinary course or equivalent
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Previous experience in large quantity food preparation
- Computer proficiency skills
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Knowledgeable in Health and Safety and Public Health regulations
Physical Job Requirements:
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised for periods of time
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hrs per day
- Climb stairs, operate elevators, lift and move small equipment
- Pushing, pulling wheeled equipment up to 50 pounds
- Bending, stooping on a regular basis
You must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends. The successful candidate must have a current police check with vulnerable sector screen and an up-to-date TB test.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability is available, upon request, for the interview process, and for other candidate selection methods.