Website Pearl and Pine Retirement
Our luxurious retirement residence in the heart of Burlington is seeking two casual Housekeepers. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager the incumbent is responsible for performing cleaning, bed-making and laundry services. Duties include but are not limited to, monitoring quantity of cleaning supplies; safely operating housekeeping equipment and utilizing cleaning chemicals.
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with co-workers, suppliers, residents and families.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Adhere to legislated and Company standards, policies, procedures and practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous related experience preferred.
- Strong command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Knowledgeable in Health and Safety and sanitation regulations.
- Lift up to 40 lbs. and push/pull loads up to 50 lbs.
- Walk and stand for periods of at least 4 hours per day.
- Climb, bend and stretch for periods of at least 4 hours per day.
The current hours available are every other weekend, however you must be available to work days, evenings, as well as weekends. The successful candidate must have a current police check with vulnerable sector screen and an up-to-date TB test.
Posted Date: December 4, 2018
Closing Date: December 18, 2018
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability is available, upon request, for the interview process, and for other candidate selection methods.