Website Pearl and Pine Retirement Residence
At Signature Retirement Living we hire only the best people – people who truly care about seniors and understand their needs. We have 9 luxurious properties across Canada, in great locations where you’ll feel right at home. With the help of our employees, we continue to expand and build a reputation that will stand the test of time.
If you are as passionate about the well-being and care of seniors as we are, then we invite you to apply to work for a Company of experts with a reputation for excellence and commitment to service. We offer a comprehensive wage and benefit package, company paid uniforms, an employee recognition program, a vibrant, safe work environment and much more!
Reporting to the Director of Care, the Charge Nurse (Full time) will be responsible for serving the health and wellness needs of our residents, within the full scope of practice and in accordance with Company policies and procedures, and legislated standards.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Take co-ownership of care plans, audits, falls prevention, family consultations, and supervision of other care staff and the building when management is not present.
- Manage and document medications as prescribed; monitoring and maintaining the safekeeping of drugs and narcotics.
- Maintain resident records and required documentation in accordance with the College of Nurses standards, legislative requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- Liaison with family members as a resource for questions or concerns regarding practices or related health care issues
- Maintains effective communication and good interpersonal relations with medical and allied staff, residents, families and other departments
- Walking, stretching and standing on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hrs. per day
- Lift alone, up to 50 pounds
- Pushing, pulling wheeled equipment up to 50 pounds
- Bending, stooping on a regular basis
- Climbing stairs and able to work in confined spaces
WHO YOU ARE
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices
- Demonstrate solid nursing skills as per the College of Nurses standards of practice
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively within the team, with residents, families as well as external service resources
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Experienced in geriatric, rehabilitation or long-term care
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Must be able to provide a police check with vulnerable sector screen upon hire
- Must be able to provide a record of immunization for TB test upon hire
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume. We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontario with Disabilities Act, 2005, candidates who require accommodation throughout the application and/or selection processes may contact the Executive Director for assistance.